Community-IX currently operates infrastructure at the following locations:
- A36: Alboinkontor (Speedbone), Berlin: 1G/10G
- L105: Lützowstr. (I/P/B/), Berlin: 1G/10G
- N15: Nonnendammallee (NTT GDC), Berlin: 1G/10G
- W19: Weismüllerstr. 19 (DE-CIX/Interxion), Frankfurt: 1G/10G
- W23: Wilhelm-Fay-Str. 23 (MK Netzdienste), Frankfurt 1G/10G
Please contact us if you need cross connects to us in these data centers. In addition to peering, we can switch dedicated VLANs between individual communities, even across locations.
The following policies serve to ensure the security of the peering platform and must be observed at all times. Violations can result in port shutdown and exclusion from the peering LAN.
- Only Ethertypes IPv4, IPv6 and ARP allowed.
- MAC addresses are filtered per port.
- Proxy ARP must be disabled.
- The peering LAN prefix must not be announced via BGP.
Our route servers based on Bird are available redundantly. We recommend that all communities and sponsors set up BGP sessions to both route servers, as some IP-Transit sponsors only peer with the route servers and do not set up dedicated BGP sessions to individual communities. This also means the least effort for both sides.
- ASN: 57555
- Route Server 1: 220.127.116.11 / 2001:7f8:a5::5:7555:1
- Route Server 2: 18.104.22.168 / 2001:7f8:a5::5:7555:2
- BGP sessions are passive. The route servers do not establish a BGP session.
- Prefixes of the peers are filtered based on the AS sets.
- AS set: AS57555:AS-MEMBERS
Route Server Policy / BGP-Communities
Both RFC1997 Communities and Large BGP-Communities are supported. If one of the blackhole communities is added, the route will only be announced to peers where blackholing is also active. Regions that can currently be set are BER (100) and FRA (200).
BGP-Communities for Traffic-Engineering
|RFC1997 Community||Large BGP Community||Meaning|
|0:X||57555:0:X||don’t announce to AS X|
|57555:X||57555:1:X||announce to AS X|
|0:57555||57555:0:0||don’t announce to any AS|
|57555:920:X||don’t announce to region X|
|57555:921:X||announce to region X|
|57555:920:0||don’t announce to any region|
|57555:999:X||blackhole in AS X|
|57555:999:0||blackhole in each AS|
|57555:910:X||announce to AS X with RFC3765 NOPEER attached|
Informational BGP-Communities (not settable from peer)
|Large BGP Community||Route Origin|
|57555:1901:100||DE - BER|
|57555:1901:101||DE - A36|
|57555:1901:102||DE - L105|
|57555:1901:104||DE - N15|
|57555:1901:200||DE - FRA|
|57555:1901:201||DE - W19|
|57555:1901:202||DE - W23|